- Can I realistically afford to retire?
- Should I file for social security, and if so, when?
- How can I withdrawal money from my retirement accounts?
- How can I make my money last as long as possible?
These questions can, and will, impact your lifestyle when you decide to retire. A financial planner Washington DC provides can help you to identify tax advantages and other strategies so that you can retire with more peace of mind.
You Are a High Earner
If you earn a lot of money on an annual basis, tax breaks and other incentives could be available. An experienced financial planner Washington DC respects can recommend tax savings strategies and suggest additional smart choices for optimal money management.
You Are Self Employed
Self employed people have a broad range of unique financial concerns and options. Retirement accounts, variable income, business structure, and taxes might all be factors when considering financial security and need to be considered. A financial planner Washington DC relies on can have a deep understanding of these concerns and let you know what options are available to you.
You Have Special Financial Needs
Some financial situations call for for customized planning. An example of this might be when a large amount of debt is involved, or you have a child/dependent with long term special needs. A financial planner can help you to make the right financial decisions.
You May Not Need a Financial Planner If…
- You have a very small budget and only make enough money to cover your basic monthly expenses.
- You have an extreme amount of consumer debt. In this case, working with a credit counselor may be advised.
- You only believe in simple do-it-yourself methods, and even then it is not a bad idea to have a financial planner Washington DC offers to review your plan.